Physical Rehabilitation for Animal
Physical rehabilitation is now available for our companion animals. A comprehensive rehabilitation program is essential after injury, surgery and with management of chronic conditions. We will work closely with your veterinarian to insure the best rehabilitation success possible.
Physical therapy has been a vital part of helping people recover from injury, surgery and illness since WWI. In human medicine the standard of care is to receive physical therapy when function has been lost. Early intervention is the key to optimizing recovery and restoring function. We believe our animal friends deserve the same services to help them to heal and to enhance quality of life.
Benefits of Physical Rehabilitation
- Improves circulation which accelerates healing
- Increases muscle mass and strength which improves balance and coordination
- Improves joint and soft tissue flexibility and mobility which increases ability to perform daily activities
- Minimizes or eliminates pain which may improve quality of life
- Increases speed of recovery
- Enhances the ability to perform daily activities.
- Arthritis/Degenerative Joint Diseases
- Hip and elbow Dysplasia
- Post-operative recovery from:
- Cruciate surgery (TPLO, TTA, Lateral Suture Imbrication)
- Femoral Head Osteotomy
- Total Joint Replacement
- Shoulder Tight Rope (MSI)
- Non-surgical care for Cruciate Tears, Patella Luxation
- Weakness from illness
- Vestibular/balance dysfunction
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Loss of function related to cancer
- Intervertebral Disc Disease (IVDD)
- Neurologic conditions
- Degenerative myelopathy
- Fibrocartilagenous Embolism (FCE)
- Traumatic injuries
- Cauda Equina Syndrome
- Sports injuries
American Dog, LLC is dedicated to improving your pet’s quality of life. We believe that education is an essential part of recovery. We hope to be a resource for topics related to your pet’s health and to give you the tools to get the best possible result.